FedEx “Barcode Label Unreadable and Replaced”: Meaning & Fix
FedEx is one of the world’s major courier services, with millions of consumers relying on it to deliver their packages on time and safely.
Unfortunately, even the greatest couriers might encounter problems that cause delivery delays or even package misplacement.
One such issue is the “Barcode Label Unreadable and Replaced” issue that many FedEx customers have experienced. This article will go over the issue, its causes, and how to avoid it in the future.
1. What is the “Barcode Label Unreadable and Replaced” issue?
The “Barcode Label Unreadable and Replaced” problem is one that many FedEx customers encounter. When this problem arises, FedEx replaces the original barcode label on a shipment with a new one because it is either unreadable, damaged, or missing. This replacement might cause delivery delays and sometimes it can lead to package misplacement.
2. How does the barcode system work at FedEx?
FedEx tracks packages from the time they are picked up until the time they are delivered using a sophisticated barcode system. The barcode carries package information such as destination, weight, and delivery time. This information is critical to ensuring that the package is delivered on time to the correct location.
3. What happens when the barcode label is unreadable and replaced?
FedEx repairs the barcode label if it is unreadable, damaged, or missing. Unfortunately, this procedure can cause delivery delays and increase the likelihood of the box being misplaced. The replacement label may not include all of the information from the original label, causing confusion and delivery delays.
4. What causes the “Barcode Label Unreadable and Replaced” issue?
The “Barcode Label Unreadable and Replaced” problem can occur for a variety of causes, including:
- Water damage: If the shipping label becomes wet during transit, the barcode will become unreadable.
- Poor printing quality: If the barcode label is not printed correctly, it may become unreadable, requiring FedEx to replace it.
- Damaged barcode label: If the product is handled violently or exposed to harsh weather, the barcode label may become damaged and unreadable.
- Improper barcode label placement: If the barcode label is not appropriately put on the package, it may be damaged or fall off during transit, necessitating a replacement label.
5. How can you prevent the “Barcode Label Unreadable and Replaced” issue?
You can avoid the “Barcode Label Unreadable and Replaced” problem by doing the following:
- Utilize high-quality printers: Print the barcode label on a high-quality printer to guarantee that it is legible and clear.
- Avoid using low-quality paper: When printing the barcode label, use high-quality paper to guarantee that it does not become smudged or damaged easily.
- Put the barcode label correctly: Make sure the barcode label is properly placed on the package, away from any edges, to avoid it getting damaged or falling off during transit.
- Employ waterproof shipping labels or a waterproof covering to protect the label.
6. What should you do if your package has the “Barcode Label Unreadable and Replaced” issue?
You can take the following measures if your package has the “Barcode Label Unreadable and Replaced” issue:
- Contacting FedEx customer care: If you find that your delivery has been delayed or that the tracking information indicates that the barcode has been replaced, please contact FedEx customer service. To trace your package, use the FedEx website or mobile app: Track your cargo and obtain status updates via the FedEx website or mobile app.
- Giving more information: If FedEx requires further information, such as a description of the package’s contents, be careful to send it as soon as possible to aid expedite delivery.
- Being patient: Although it can be frustrating to experience delays in package delivery, it’s essential to be patient and allow FedEx to address the issue. In most cases, packages are delivered within a few days of the barcode replacement.
Ultimately, the “Barcode Label Unreadable and Replaced” issue might cause delivery delays and perhaps package misplacement. To avoid this problem, use a high-quality printer and paper, and correctly place the barcode label on the package.
Contact FedEx customer support if your package has the “Barcode Label Unreadable and Replaced” for more than a few days. By following these procedures, you may ensure that your product is delivered on time and safely.
Q: What should I do if my barcode label becomes unreadable?
If you realize that your barcode label is unreadable, call FedEx customer support to investigate and address the problem.
Q: Can I print my own barcode label?
Sure, you can print the barcode label yourself, but use a high-quality printer and paper to ensure readability and clarity.
Q: How can I track my FedEx shipment?
You can track your FedEx shipment by entering your tracking number on the FedEx tracking page.
Q: Is FedEx closed on holidays?
Yes, FedEx is closed on certain holidays. You can find the FedEx holiday schedule on their website.
Q: My package has been stuck at the sorting facility, what should I do?
If your package is stuck at the destination sort facility, you can contact FedEx customer support for assistance.
Q: What does “Future Delivery Requested” mean on my FedEx tracking information?
Future Delivery Requested” means that the recipient has requested the package to be delivered on a future date. You can find more information about this on the FedEx future delivery page.
Q: Where can I find FedEx policies?
You can find FedEx policies on their website.
Q: My package is facing an operational delay, what should I do?
If your package is facing an operational delay, you can find more information on the FedEx operational delay page or contact FedEx customer support for assistance.
Q: Can I track my international FedEx shipments?
Yes, you can track your international FedEx shipments on the FedEx tracking page.
Q: What should I do if my barcode label is unreadable?
If your barcode label is unreadable, you can find more information on the FedEx barcode label page.
Q: What does “Tendered for Delivery” mean on my FedEx tracking information?
“Tendered for Delivery” means that the package is ready for delivery. You can find more information on the FedEx tendered for delivery page.
Q: My package is waiting to clear customs, what should I do?
If your package is waiting to clear customs, you can find more information on the FedEx package available for clearance page or contact FedEx customer support for assistance.
Q: What does “Scheduled Delivery Pending” mean on my FedEx tracking information?
“Scheduled Delivery Pending” means that the delivery date for your package is pending. You can find more information on the FedEx scheduled delivery pending page.
Q: What does “departed FedEx location” mean in tracking?
When you see the status “departed FedEx location” in your package’s tracking information, it means that your package has left a FedEx facility and is in transit to its destination. For more information about tracking your package, please visit our departed FedEx location tracking page.